21 May 2012

Souperb - Thai 'Chicken' Noodle Soup


This weekend just gone was the last event of the season, Groovin the Moo, so on Friday night I embarked on the annual trek up to Bunbury.
Working for 13 hours on Saturday on barely any food and 1 terrible espresso (the coffee vendor had no soy milk -_-) took its toll on me and I came home extremely tired with a cold.
My general tactic when it comes to sickness is to blast it out of the water with chilli & garlic, so tonight I am made Thai 'Chicken' Noodle Soup.



Ingredients
8 c Massel Chicken Stock
Giant Clove of Garlic (or the equivalent in baby garlic), minced
Chunk of Ginger, minced
2 Carrots, sliced
3 Celery stalks, sliced
Head of Broccoli
2 Lemon Grass stalks, you want to use the white parts, minced
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
Vegetarian Aroma Soy Nuggets - I got these from my local Formosa
Bunch of Asian Greens, rinced and roughly chopped
2 Chilli's, minced
Lime Juice
Nori, torn up
Soy Sauce
Can of Coconut Milk
Sugar
Thai Rice Noodles



Method
On high heat boil chicken stock. Add garlic & ginger, carrots, celery, broccoli, lemon grass, lime leaves, Asian greens and enough 'Vegetarian Aroma Soy Nuggets' (chicken) for 3.
Turn it down and let it simmer, before adding chilli, lime juice, nori and a few splashes of soy sauce, continue to simmer for 2-3 more minutes, then turn heat down, and add coconut milk. I sprinkled a few pinches of sugar and put the soup aside.
Follow directions to cook thai rice noodles, drain them and heap a tangle of each into bowls, pour in soup and DEMOLISH IT IN 2 SECONDS.



I still have a cold, but atleast I also have a full & satisfied belly. Looking forward to days of mind blowing chilli dishes to come, I love flu season!
Til next time.
k


No comments:

Post a Comment